Sunday, November 15, 2009

What's gotten into me?

I just can't believe this, I don't know what's gotten into me!

I've been doing this personal renovation for more then three weeks now and I haven't quit!! Thats MAJOR!

Usually I get going good, but life's frustrations and daily grind usually wears me down and temptations sway me and within a few days I end up getting completely distracted and I forget all the reasons I started dieting in the first place.

I've made it weeks and I still haven't lost steam. I'm keeping at it, and I actually WANT to keep going! I'm so excited, I think I'm actually going to be in this for the long haul. I think I am actually going to succeed and I am literally giddy at the prospect!

Its been a long time since I succeeded at this.

Its been a long time since I was thin and confidant.

Its been too long.

And I am one of those women who thinks that losing weight will change her life. I don't believe its going to turn every bad into good and make all wrongs into rights, but I do think its going to change things, and I'm excited. I know for sure that losing this weight is going to make me feel younger and healthier, and my confidence is going to sky rocket. I'm going to feel energized, and play more with my kids. I'm going to be less inhibited and start living more. I'm going to wear dresses and bathing suits and go out with friends. I'm going to take my kids swimming and shop with joy! I'm going to have more faith in me and will know what I am capable of (all things through Him who gives me strength), and I will fear less and do more. Its really exciting stuff. And for the first time in a very long time I can actually see these things happening to me, and soon.

Of course, I've got big goals to go along with this amped up motivation. My sister's wedding day is the big goal day for me, I'd love to lose another 65 pounds between now and then. It seems lofty but I know it can be done. But, in the mean time, I'm thinking of other goal dates, like Valentines Day, and June 21st, and my birthday (three months after my sister's wedding), by then I'd like to lose an additional 5 or so pounds and really tone up too.

There's so much work to be done, loooooooooots of work, but for the first time in a very long time, I'm not afraid of the work, I'm looking forward to the work, I'm revitalized by the work, and its so exciting!

So, here are some progress pictures, its not much yet, but I've lost about 11 pounds since the first pics were taken, so hopefully its visable!


Hmmm, looking at thee makes me think it isn't all that visable, but its only 11 pounds so maybe it takes a lot more to get some good results. I'll keep at it either way :D

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment