Thursday, November 12, 2009

That's Progress Baby!

I'm doing a happy dance this morning!

I love it when big efforts pay off! It gives a much needed shot of encouragement to keep going and not give up yet.

As of this morning I am down 10.5 pounds in about 3 weeks! And 20 pounds since my marital problems began in August! Yay me!

I'm super motivated now, and itching to see the numbers fall even more. I know, I know, you're not supposed to pay too much attention to the scale, but I do, and for now I'm okay with that!

I've got such a long way to go still, but I love that now that I'm about three weeks into the process and I am getting great results that make me feel capable and successful, I don't feel like its impossible to reach those bigger goals.

My sister is getting married on July 10th of next year. Just a smidgen less then 8 months from now, and I have a very lofty goal for then. I'd love to lose another 65 pounds by then, which I think the math roughly works out to about 2.3 pounds a week between now and then. Some weeks I know I will lose less, and some I will lose more, but I realize that I'll need to tweak my diet and exercise regime as I go to keep the results coming!

Anyway, I feel super happy with me this morning, which is a great way to start the day. I'm less likely to make self sabotaging decisions now that I've got success on the brain!

Gotta love progress!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment